Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Star Trek Appreciation Thread

by Tanooki Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:39 am

That's how I feel pretty much. It's a CBS cash grab since their dedicated channel thing is apparently desperate for money and sign ups so it has some value to them instead of just going along with many channels and throwing themselves on Hulu. They're attempting to use the Star Trek fan base (casual or core) like some dairy cow to milk them for money because their current line up isn't cutting it enough. There's no other explanation for trolling the US market with the pilot on network TV then going -- care to watch the show? Pay US monthly bitches!
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:12 pm

I read the other day STD will have graphic sex scenes. I am out 100% now. I won't even pirate it. I don't want GoT in my Star Trek and I do like GoT.
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Twitter Segata
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:30 pm

I think they clarified that it will be a "hard PG-13", but even that seems like a recipe for disaster. The more I hear about this, the more I'm disinterested. And I love me some Star Trek.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:27 pm

Well they already set off some people in that last movie, now they're talking sex scenes in this series because it's not on TV? Star Trek - Discovery (of the crews intimate bits.)
marurun

by marurun Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:46 pm

The decontamination scene in that early episode of Enterprise wasn't sexually out of place enough?
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
strangenova
Next-Gen

by strangenova Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:53 pm

marurun wrote:The decontamination scene in that early episode of Enterprise wasn't sexually out of place enough?

I could stand to see a few more decontamination episodes. :lol:
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:55 pm

marurun wrote:The decontamination scene in that early episode of Enterprise wasn't sexually out of place enough?

Hated it and then they had a sex scene with Riker and Troi in Nemesis..FFS. Riker got plenty of action on TNG but they always implied and moved on. What Star Trek should do, not show us.
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Twitter Segata
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:20 am

You're a bit too uptight and high strung if going from implied to a bit more obvious tension causes you to get that twisted out of shape. Perhaps it's time you just call it quits and go watch the 2 seasons of the old crew Star Trek cartoon so you feel safer.
Sano
Next-Gen

by Sano Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:02 am

Too many people are judging the series when it isn't even out yet. Yeah, some of the things are stupid (the Klingons are the worst part IMO). It IS a complete reboot of the series. When it comes out and I see it is when I will give judgement. I will say that I don't think they should have gone back in time. They needed to do post Nemesis instead.
marurun

by marurun Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:13 am

Tanooki wrote:You're a bit too uptight and high strung if going from implied to a bit more obvious tension causes you to get that twisted out of shape. Perhaps it's time you just call it quits and go watch the 2 seasons of the old crew Star Trek cartoon so you feel safer.

It isn't the content itself, but the mismatch in tone with the core elements of Star Trek. Trek has always been thoughtful and campy, and the sexy has always been more pin-up style. More blatant eroticism just doesn't fit well with the tenor of the historical shows.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever