So what would you guys think of having Trump as president?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
J T
Next-Gen

Re: So what would you guys think of having Trump as president?

Post by J T »

CFFJR wrote:
J T wrote:Studies show that many Americans think that a 30% chance of rain means that it will rain for 30% of the day.

Seriously...?

christ almighty, I don't even know what to say to that.

Yeah, it was research done at my university
http://www.smari.com/index.php?/news/ar ... forecasts/
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Betamax001
Next-Gen

Post by Betamax001 »

J T wrote:
CFFJR wrote:
J T wrote:Studies show that many Americans think that a 30% chance of rain means that it will rain for 30% of the day.

Seriously...?

christ almighty, I don't even know what to say to that.

Yeah, it was research done at my university
http://www.smari.com/index.php?/news/ar ... forecasts/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaNm8ghomCk

I guess many people would be confused by this movie then!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
NES, SNES, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GCN, Wii, PS3, 360, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, PSP 3000, and 3DS XL

PSN ID: SaturnXMKII
Steam ID: betamax001
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

Limewater wrote:But Donald Trump isn't a serious candidate. He'll drop out of the race before he has to make the financial disclosures. He wants people to think he's richer than he really is. It's all a publicity stunt.

Agreed. Also, his vague program of limited government is the opposite of his agenda when he last faked a run for the presidency ten years ago in a vastly different political environment.

As a resident of California, I recommend the voters resist the urge for stunt casting when it comes to elected officials. The hilarity is short-lived.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
JordanPlayer
64-bit

Post by JordanPlayer »

saturnfan wrote:
Ack wrote:For the record, Ron Paul says he's officially running.
If we are lucky he will win.
Ron Paul supports decriminalization of marijuana so that's already +1 in my book. Even though he is Republican he seems pretty liberal and not tied down to their policies. Plus he's from Texas :)
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

JordanPlayer wrote:
saturnfan wrote:
Ron Paul supports decriminalization of marijuana so that's already +1 in my book. Even though he is Republican he seems pretty liberal and not tied down to their policies. Plus he's from Texas :)

He also supports overturning Roe v. Wade and dismantling a good number of social programs. Others support legalization of marijuana, so hopefully it'll happen in the next decade (despite the setback here in CA).
saturnfan
128-bit

Post by saturnfan »

JordanPlayer wrote:
saturnfan wrote:

He is more on the conservative end of libitarianism. While libitarians and liberals have some significant overlap (particularly on war), Paul is not a liberal, not in the least.
Hatta
Next-Gen

Post by Hatta »

Gaining an advocate for marijuana rights in the white house would absolutely not be worth endangering abortion rights. Ron Paul is a non-starter for anyone who cares about freedom.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Blah it's not gonna happen. Just another distraction from who might actually be elected president in 2012 (99% chance it'll be Obama again). Just like all the palin 2012 crap. She won't make it through the primaries so who cares.
JordanPlayer
64-bit

Post by JordanPlayer »

Yea, I was just tossing that around. I know he's not going to go far (wasn't he listed as a candidate last election?) because he is too polarizing and his views on abortion are opposite of mine and many other people. Hopefully the upcoming election has some good candidates, it always seems to be choosing the "best" of two people who aren't so great (although I thought electing Obama would actually bring change and a lot of things; much of it I haven't seen but at least the economy appears to be crawling back to life). I am hoping in the next 10 years that the government and politicians really examine marijuana legalization as it is a very frequent question from supporters and the US is split about 45 pro 55 no against it. Medical marijuana support is much higher obviously.

On topic... I don't think Trump would make a good candidate; seen too much of him already.
CatchFiveBats
24-bit

Post by CatchFiveBats »

CFFJR wrote:I don't give a flying rat's ass. One criminal politician is as good as another.

Nobody who wants power actually deserves to have it.

This.

I'm reminded of a certain South Park episode...
元モー娘。高橋愛推し
If I ever mention Morning Musume/Momusu/Aichan (Takahashi Ai) and you wonder who/what I'm talking about, or if you're curious about who the girl in my avatar is...here and here

My B/S/T Thread

RFGeneration Collection Profile