Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: Black metal

by Ack Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:35 pm

If you can handle the neopagan supremacy, it's 12 hours you'll enjoy!
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
PretentiousHipster
16-bit

by PretentiousHipster Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:29 am

I was a metalhead as an early teen. I kind of "grew" out of it, as I tend to get drawn more towards music that shows emotion rather than technical ability. However, I believe that black metal is one of the best genres for emotional music. It is also one that focuses a lot on melody. Many of these albums have a great balance between beauty and ugliness. I've heard around 20 masterpieces of the genre, but I would say the best one is Murmuüre's self titled album. It's so unique, and sounds like Coil if they did black metal.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:11 pm

I don't listen to too much "modern" BM, but Murmuüre is indeed pretty solid. France has/had a bunch of great black metal.
PretentiousHipster
16-bit

by PretentiousHipster Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:56 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I don't listen to too much "modern" BM, but Murmuüre is indeed pretty solid. France has/had a bunch of great black metal.

For new black metal with an old school sound I'd definitely recommend Ifernach's V. Wastow. A native from a small town in Quebec. It is lighter in tone but everything else about it is old school black metal. His vocals are fantastic.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever