I forgot all about Uncharted 2

1. Uncharted 2
2. Dragon Age Origins
t0yrobo
Next-Gen

Re: Personal GoTY?

Post by t0yrobo »

nickfil wrote:
t0yrobo wrote:Since I just recently started buying xbla games my mind is kinda stuck on them. So I'd say PacMan CE is my goty, and Shadow Complex is my biggest disappointment. If I had started playing Torchlight while it was still 09 that'd probably be my goty though, it's a brilliant game.

I haven't played shadow complex yet, but i was really looking forward to it. Why didn't you like it?

Well it really isn't a bad game at all. But it's pretty easy even on hard, and the environments are really bland. I mean, it's still a fun game, but I wouldn't go as far as to compare it to Super Metroid of Symphony of the Night like so many reviews etc. have. I liked it enough to play it twice but I wouldn't say it was very memorable.
MasonB15
24-bit

Post by MasonB15 »

New in '09:
Borderlands - multi
Demon's Souls - PS3
New Super Mario Bros. - Wii

New to me:
Shenmue - DC
DoDonPachi - Arcade
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - PS1

Dissapointments:
Brutal Legend - I had very high hopes for this game, only to have them crushed by the stage battles over and over again.
classicgamer5
Next-Gen

Post by classicgamer5 »

MasonB15 wrote:New in '09:
Borderlands - multi
Demon's Souls - PS3

New to me:
Shenmue - DC
DoDonPachi - Arcade

Dissapointments:
Brutal Legend - I had very high hopes for this game, only to have them crushed by the stage battles over and over again.

You actually liked Boaderlands? No love for Uncharted?
MasonB15
24-bit

Post by MasonB15 »

classicgamer5 wrote:
MasonB15 wrote:New in '09:
Borderlands - multi
Demon's Souls - PS3

New to me:
Shenmue - DC
DoDonPachi - Arcade

Dissapointments:

You actually liked Boaderlands? No love for Uncharted?

I loved Borderlands. It reminds me of Diablo meets FPS. I've only played the first Uncharted but I don't think that it is as deserving as the other games that I mentioned.
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

No real departure from the major GOTY lists for me. It's Uncharted 2, easily. But I didn't play a ton of new games this year, I rarely ever do.

My non-2009 GOTY was Fallout 3. I spent months playing it. So awesome.
Unleaded Logic
128-bit

Post by Unleaded Logic »

Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 for me.
nickfil
Next-Gen

Post by nickfil »

MasonB15 wrote:I loved Borderlands. It reminds me of Diablo meets FPS. I've only played the first Uncharted but I don't think that it is as deserving as the other games that I mentioned.

I loved borderlands too- my only gripe was that it felt too short and the world was too small. I wanted more people populating the shitholes that ned was in. I wanted more unique areas to explore. What they did within the game- they nailed. I think if they don't change much of the gameplay and make the world bigger for the sequel, It'll be one of my favorite games of all time.

We are on the edge of an FPS MMO and i'm really excited about that.
nickfil
Next-Gen

Post by nickfil »

ok- so mine would be...

Biggest disappointments:
F.E.A.R 1 ugh. Bad AI, Weird walk cycle, I was often lost in the level. Just bad design. 2 looks ok.
Brutal legend - not a bad game, but not a great game. I expected better.
IronMan - loved the movie, and demo. Actually got the game and it was painful. The bright shining points of it where you are fighting armies are overshadowed by the stupid cut scenes and arbitrary tasks.
Assassin's Creed 1 - just.... boring. Pretty, but boring
The conduit - such high hopes. I thought it would start the cry for hardcore wii games. It didn't.
Fracture- so much potential, but small hills don't make good cover.

GOTY for 09...
I can't really pick one? I wasn't really overcome with joy at any one game.
Borderlands, Dragon age, Batman AA, MW2 were all fun games but with faults for sure.

OH FUCK- i know.... dead space extraction for the wii. I'm a big fan of arcade light gun games, and dead space does everything right. Mood, Power ups. Ammo. Enemies. Fuck i love this game. I know it wasn't even a blip on a lot of radars, but it is totally worth checking out. You can play it multiplayer, but it was really made for one person.

Retro GOTY...

Sweet Home- Totally under my radar. Totally worth checking out. Once you master the subtleties of it like any nes stuff (things you are supposed to figure out via trial and error) the game opens up. Really sprawling for a nes game.

Burnout Paradise - opened up the world of arcade racers to me after being out of them for so so long. Makes me look forward to more burnout games, and the upcoming blur. Not only that, but i started to check out regular racing titles because of burnout. Nothing grabbed me yet, but at least I'm open to them.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 tactical shooting at it's best. Accept no substitute. So much customization. After playing a shit ton of call of duty- squad control and blind fire were mechanics that gave me a breath of fresh air. Still need to finish it. The problem with how tactical it is, is that after i spend too much time away, it is harder to get back in. It is something i need to spend a week enjoying.