anyone out there make there own Flash Games?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
little witch boy
24-bit

anyone out there make there own Flash Games?

Post by little witch boy »

Sidescrollers, platformers, RPGs, Shooters, what ever.

I just want to know if there are any Flashers Among US....
I do a little flashing my self - and its not as easy as it sounds. Trying to make my dude jump on a block is like trying to turn tap water to vodka (ive tried that too). It really does open your eyes as to what kind of hell the first game programers had to go through and for me - makes me appreciate there work even more.

Im in the process of making 3 games right now. A first person shooter, a sidescrolling Spaceshooter, and a sidescrolling Platformer. Just when i think ive got it, I slam into a wall. It a tough one dudes and dude-ets, like trying to cut cheeze with fly wings or something.

Hey, but if I ever finish them you can have it for a measly 59.95 , complete with Original soundtrack, spine card and mini posters ha...RESERVE YOUR COPY TODAY!!!
BAKOON!!!
iT feEls Like tHERe’s a cAt sCrATcHiNg aT mY bRAin.
whupthewickedwurm
24-bit

Re: anyone out there make there own Flash Games?

Post by whupthewickedwurm »

little witch boy wrote:Hey, but if I ever finish them you can have it for a measly 59.95 , complete with Original soundtrack, spine card and mini posters ha...RESERVE YOUR COPY TODAY!!!
BAKOON!!!

"RARE! HARD TO FIND!"

I'll buy that for a dollar.

I'm really thinking about getting more into Flash myself. I've decided that the only way I'm ever gonna play a sequel to Ranger X is if I make one myself. :)

I wanted to make it for Saturn but that sounds like it would be too hard. So I may just do something in Flash.

I also gotta get working on my Shinobi 3 Expansion Pack. :D
little witch boy
24-bit

Dont be shy People.....:D

cool wurm.. whats cool about making expantion packs is there are sprites out there prepared for Flash tampering. Or you could redesign your own Ranger X. From what I know you could make something similar to what Ive done - remember that blue guy zombie game I did? I played around with it recently and have worked out a combo system. Also, the Zombies lash out at you as you walk by. I still cant get them to chase the hero but im working on it.

:roll:

May be I was asking the wrong question.
Does anyone out there make there own games (using any kind of sofware not just Flash)?

Wurm- I tried playing with a Ness game maker but fell on my ass when I found out the tutorials where in Portugese. Theres this one dude revamping Doom 3 for the pc. Say that reminds me.

Hey EVERYONE!! Any of yall hear of a guy who was re-doing Metroid Prime- I heard he was making it a sidescroller.

anyway, laters.
Pump it up. Stay cool 8)
little witch boy
24-bit

Link to the Prime

http://www.mp2d.co.uk/project.php
Check this place out. these dudes are doing some pretty cool shyse.
whupthewickedwurm
24-bit

Ha, maybe make Ranger X with a combo system? :lol:

I know how to use flash for making animations and websites but I'm afraid I know next to nothing about scripting. Did you say you learned most of your sheisse from just asking people? Do you know of any other resourses that might help me out? I've seen the tutorials on some flash sites but they don't seem to relate specifically to game development.
I would like to get into other types of game development but most of that other non-Flash stuff seems to be for PC and not Mac. :cry:

Maybe Metroid Prime won't suck as a side-scroller. :twisted:

BTW how is the 1st person shooter coming along?

Watch out for danger and don't talk to strangers.
little witch boy
24-bit

All ive learned came from these 3 web sites.
WWW.newgrounds.com
www.kirupa.com
www.flashkit.com

they each have thair own cool things. Id start at FlashKit. Thats where the really cool tutorial for a sidescroller shooter is - and a simple first person shooter.
a combo system for ExRanza? that would be bad ass. Especialy if they where like marvel vs compton.
whupthewickedwurm
24-bit

Thanks I will check those out!
Can you imagine Ex with the hugeness and complexity of Castlevania: SOTN? I'm thinking tons of weapons/items and secrets to find. And with a similar graphics scheme? Mostly hand drawn sprites... That's sort of how I would imagine a Ranger X sequel. I'm also thinking of an auto aim thing like in the original except that it works when your not merged with your bike thing. I want to make it kind of like in Sillhoutte Mirage when you actually see the character sprite tilt and rotate to aim at stuff.

I was just kidding about a combo system but it would be cool to give X an option for close quarters combat. Maybe like some sort of cool light saber thing? (Bulk Slash)

I also want to make a cool soundtrack for it...
Geez, this is sounding pretty ambitious. :shock:

It'll probably never happen. :?

I may just make 1 level. It'll be a demo. :D

Hey, did I ever give you this RPG Maker thing??? I had a lot of fun with it and I had some big plans for it too but I don't have a PC anymore. If you want I can send you a copy. Just send me your home address. (And ALL of your Sega CD games! :twisted: J/K)

Be cool, don't smoke.
little witch boy
24-bit

hey Wurm, there is this program called game maker and it looks pretty promissing. The dudes who are making that Metroid 2d game are using it I think. I have played some homebrewed castlevania games aswell ans they all have the same document logo. Its only for pc i think. so that kind of sucks.