Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by Tanooki Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:23 pm

Yeah she has, the resume was crap so it never got a single bite. She only has some college, never got a piece of paper beyond high school. She's not stupid, just is very terrible at school stuff when it came to testing so it never worked out. Around here sadly bad or good resume it seems to be more of a you have to find a way in, then you're in situation and she never did. I was just as bad off a dozen years back but a parent of a kid I was teaching with this small business I ran (after school program with laptops) I got a referral into an interview and it worked.

I'm taking a similar route now. Last year I did a lot of digging and wrote up a fairly decent resume but still it was a bit lacking. It did get her an interview during the week at the main campus of my kids school for a 2-4day a week receptionist job, would pay about the same as the chicken junk but far more better off location and room to move. They did this 1on1 thing with the boss lady at work (mine) during the week. Since my work is always fast, plentiful and accurate we had little to discuss for the 15-20min so it got personal. I kind of explained what was going on and she went all super nice and helpful which broadsided me, and she's going to see if she can get my wife a job in our work, our dept or perhaps another, and had me forward the resume. She jumped back shortly having read it said she could see ways to improve it and I have another meeting next week to re-write the thing all professionally. NO complaints there for sure. If I could somehow get her into my job at humana, they minimum pay 30k a year so that would be I think triple her income.
Ack

by Ack Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:36 pm

Ugh, I believe my car battery has died while I was at work. The lights flicker, the engine lights struggle to come on, and the engine just clicks when I turn it on. I also discovered a lot of fresh-looking corrosion on the battery. I left my car in the parking deck and had my fiancee give me a ride home. Now I gotta try to jump it tomorrow and hope it works.

If not...ever get something towed from an underground parking lot in a secure facility? That's gonna be fun to explain to security.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:19 pm

Yes, actually. I have had that done. The most painful part (other than the bill) wasn’t getting the tow truck permission to access the facility - you won’t be the first person whose needed a tow, I guarantee it - it was getting the tow truck at an angle to tow my car in the extremely cramped space afforded by the garage, Also, they might be able to replace the battery without moving your car. I would think that’d be easier,

PRO-TIP: Get the truck after hours so there’s more room for it to maneuver!
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:11 pm

No AAA? It's free to have them call in their rescue ranger service. They'll give you a jump, test the battery and alternator. At the least you can roll out to where you want it, but if the battery is crap have them bring one along just in case because you'd be a real dumbass not to take their deal. They charge far less for the battery, and unlike other sellers they have a crazy good warranty on it. First 3 years it's free, then up through the next 3 you get into a new battery by 1/3 of the cost. I had to price a battery over this later last year and it was like $120 with them for that warranty, or like $80 more with a 1yr at any repair/battery place in the area so the answer was obvious.
Jake Armitage
16-bit

by Jake Armitage Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:18 pm

This is odd - this is a joke that got Soupy Sales fired for way back when:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB3HevmkTDA
"When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!"
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:31 pm

SMILE :D. Just checking in to say hello gents & our few ladies.

Been crazy at work and with family, but still good. Actually, I've carved out some time recently, & I'm studying for a set of work (technology) related, industry recognized certifications. I'm pretty excited to be striving towards a goal there. I'm a nerd and learner so I'm enjoying it, but it's definitely eating into my free time. Haven't had much available time for games or movies on my end, but all is well. I choose sleep sometimes instead :lol:.

One of my kiddos who just got over an ear ache 2 weeks ago, now has the flu :?. Test positive this morning. Fortunate we have good healthcare coverage & caught it early though. Glass half full.

Hope everyone is doing well! 8)

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:01 am

:D Duck Donuts opens back up March 15th!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:57 pm

Realized I'm most likely one of the only collectors in my area (though Im sure there's several others) and I have a spot to go game hunting no one else goes to and the employees are on the look out for games for me. Also posted on facebook marketplace that I'm looking for old games and got an instant response. Now that I'm old enough to work and drive, I'll finally be able to get into B/S/T stuff more, which is really nice.

Also, I have two exams this week, one being a midterm paper that's five pages long, an exam tomorrow and then I have to start a research paper over the Waco Incident.Becoming a functioning adult is tough.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:23 am

What year are you now, SM?
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:40 pm

Freshman in college. Getting my basics done at a community college and then transferring to another college for law school. Thinking about going to tech to study to become a family law attorney and possibly minor in something relating to running a nonprofit so i can open a domestic abuse shelter possibly.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever