The Only 26 JRPGs You Absolutely Have to Play

Level up here
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: The Only 26 JRPGs You Absolutely Have to Play

Post by Xeogred »

Yeah I know of the connection. Basically SaGa in everything but name. Oddly enough, the only SaGa game I've played and beaten. :lol:
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I've only beaten a few of them: Final Fantasy Legend, Final Fantasy Legend II, and SaGa Frontier 2.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I have the Frontier's, need to get to them someday. Safe to say they all look and sound strange haha. I guess they tend to emphasis gameplay more than story too, so I kind of knew that going into Last Remnant before I played it. That combat system was freaking awesome to me.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Sarge wrote:I've only beaten a few of them: Final Fantasy Legend, Final Fantasy Legend II, and SaGa Frontier 2.

Final Fantasy II is also a SaGa game in disguise; haven't you beaten that one?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, I was just rolling with the "official" ones, but in this context, we can totally count FFII. I can't remember if I actually beat the NES version, but I came close. I should dig out my old save files. I did beat the rebalanced GBA version, and quite enjoyed myself with it.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I myself enjoyed the even more rebalanced PSP version and beat it. Worth checking that one out. I played a bit of the PS1 and GBA versions myself, but never beat them.

The NES version sounds too crazy. I also can't really get into FF1 NES at all either, but I've beaten other versions. Loved FF3 though and that was very satisfying to beat. I seriously think it's the extra blocked up look of FF1 and the battle screens that kills it for me. :lol: