Disgaea on PC!!

Level up here
KoLAddict
24-bit

Disgaea on PC!!

Post by KoLAddict »

It's finally coming out on PC in February of 2016!

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-strategy-rpg ... next-year/

"The classic Nippon Ichi strategy RPG series Disgaea is coming to the PC in February of 2016. Like its PlayStation predecessors, the PC release will offer character levels as high as 9999, damage in the millions of points per strike, the randomly-generated Item World, and "a zany story set in the Netherworld, where the notions of good and evil are reversed."

"Two years after the death of his father, Overlord Krichevskoy, the demon prince Laharl awakens to discover that the Netherworld is in turmoil," the Steam listing explains for the benefit of those who aren't familiar with the game and/or series. "With unlikely allies, his devious vassal Etna and the angel trainee Flonne, he must battle his way to supremacy to retake the throne and become the next Overlord."

Disgaea PC will feature a number of PC-specific enhancements, including an updated interface and textures, support for keyboard and mouse as well as controllers, and Steam achievements, badges, trading cards, and cloud saves. It will include all of the content from Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, a PSP version of the PlayStation 2 game Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, which was released in 2006."

I can't wait. I'll gladly buy this gem for a third time.
Huge RPG fan.

PSN ID and XBL GamerTag: KoLAddict
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Disgaea on PC!!

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I am really excited for this game as well. I played some of the original on PS2 and really liked it, but because of time constraints, I could never delve too deeply. I always want to get into it though, because I love the turn based strategy genre and this more than fulfills that itch. Gonna definitely pick this up when it comes out and can't wait to play it!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

if you buy this game on pc, then you'll never leave your computer!

I sunk over 400 hours on the PSP edition years ago.

And a year or so later, I did the same with part 2!

Even now I'm still playing Disgaea D2 and I have 250 hours on it, and I'm still not done.

And I still didn't even scratch the surface of these games!

Good thing I went portable for the first games! I dont think I could do that long of a
game during the holidays now.

Dont get me wrong, they are awesome games. But this series brings out the ocd/completist in you.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Portable is probably the way to go for such a time sucker.

I have 1-4 on PS2/PS3, but also the 1st on PSP and 3rd on Vita (the other 2 for PSP and Vita are getting a bit too pricy to consider).
Not sure when I plan on tackling them. I only sampled the 1st game. But then I decided I'd play La Pucelle 1st; couldn't get into the game or it's battle system at 1st attempt, but I'll have another go sometime.

It would be neat if they eventually released every NIS tactics game for PC.
And then when GOG finally gets them... imagine the sales. Yeah, I'll likely buy them again some day.
...just another lost soul...
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I am curious to know if this will be playable on a tablet/phone. That would be a great idea for sure!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I'm glad to see more and more Japanese publishers realizing that PC is actually a big deal outside of Japan, and they should endeavor to port their games to it more often. It's obvious to me that Japanese publishers are definitely starting to see the "big picture". Now if only they'd discover GOG...
BogusMeatFactory wrote:I am curious to know if this will be playable on a tablet/phone. That would be a great idea for sure!

It could happen...

http://toucharcade.com/2015/05/18/in-th ... ile-games/
PLAY KING'S FIELD.