Together RPG - Shadowrun - 2/1-->4/1

Level up here
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Together RPG - Shadowrun - 2/1-->4/1

Post by Xeogred »

I dabbled into the SNES one awhile back. It felt like SNES Deus Ex haha, was pretty cool. Didn't know for the longest time that the Genesis game was entirely different, and well guess there's even more releases out there I didn't know about.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Xeogred wrote:I dabbled into the SNES one awhile back. It felt like SNES Deus Ex haha, was pretty cool. Didn't know for the longest time that the Genesis game was entirely different, and well guess there's even more releases out there I didn't know about.

I highly recommend the Genesis version. I enjoy the sandbox nature far more than the adventure style of the SNES game. Nothing beats plugging into the matrix and stealing highly classified corporate information and selling it on the black market. Sure you have to take it slow and grind your way there, but it is something so special and never replicated in any modern game.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

MrPopo wrote:Fun fact; Jake Armitage has a cameo in Shadowrun Returns at the beginning of the game.

On this note, I've heard Shadowrun Returns has story elements that tie in to the Genesis and Snes games.

Do you know what the extent of that is? 'Cause the idea is really cool.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Unfortunately beyond Jake Armitage and the things he mentions about his past I am unaware of any connections. That doesn't mean there aren't any; I've only just started playing Shadowrun SNES so I don't have context.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

That sounds F'n awesome and is a brilliant idea with Returns if so. That's another reason to love Shadowrun there are snes players and Genesis players who both have a different memories with whichever version they grew up with.

I grew up with the snes version maybe not even knowing another version existed and vice versa for the genny guys, but however coming together and reminiscing now it turns out both versions are great!

Let's give it up for Shadowrun that's boss!
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

The Genesis version of this game has been on my "to beat" list for years; so, I may join in here once I polish off Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 7.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

So I think I'm about halfway through the SNES game. I just cleared the Drake Tower apparently two areas too early. It's unfortunate that the combat in this game is so brainless; it basically comes down to latching onto an enemy and mashing the A button til it dies and use the Heal spell or retreat when necessary. But the adventure game aspect is interesting. For the most part it's been fairly logical how to proceed through the game. And the game uses the amnesia thing well; there isn't any rote exposition; so far I've discovered a lot about why I got gunned down thanks to various clues I've picked up.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Have you played the Gen version Popo? I think it is the better of the 2.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I haven't. I picked up the SNES version several years ago when I was filling out RPGs for the system.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

I'm looking to start this tonight, pulling an all nighter!
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.