Together RPG - Lunar: The Silver Star - 11/11 --> 1/31

Level up here
darsparx
Next-Gen

Re: Together RPG - Lunar: The Silver Star - 11/11 --> 1/11

Post by darsparx »

Well made it to Quark got the dragon ring and now I'm on my way to the mainland(as soon as I get through the weird woods)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

How are you enjoying it so far?
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Definitely a lot more than ff1. Sure I'm enjoying ff1 now but ff1 doesn't have these awesome anime cutscenes. I don't know why but I think I like the gameplay of this a lot better too. Though I have gotten my butt handed to me quite a few times(even with selling those items the parents gave me for equipment....sorry but default hurts in there XD ). I'm really looking forward to getting hope and trying to get through the weird woods to see what's next(also nalls voice is hilarious and dragon diamond scene made me chuckle a little). I'll hopefully get some playing done between now and this weekend but I don't think I'm beating it this week :lol:
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Lunar is 25-30 hours.

Make sure you fight every enemy, and then some. Bosses scale to Alex's level, but some grinding is recommended to gain spells and money, and to stay powerful enough to defeat normal enemies.

The game is (somewhat) harder than other RPGs of the era. Healing after every other or every third battle is not unusual.

Are you using a walkthrough? Lunar has a lot of missable items. Especially the bromides.
Last edited by BoneSnapDeez on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

I think I will tackle this one during my Christmas week off from work.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Lunar is 25-30 hours.

Make sure you fight every enemy, and then some. Bosses scale to Alex's level, but some grinding is recommended to gain spells and money, and to stay powerful enough to defeat normal enemies.

The game is (somewhat) harder than other RPGs of the era. Healing after every other or every third battle is not unusual.

Are you using a walkthrough? Lunar has a lot of missable items. Especially the bromides.

Well that explains my crazy use of Luna's healing spell(and my use of Nall's inventory to stock up on herbs once I made it to Saith once i learned he has a huge inventory I can rely on :lol:). But makes me kinda glad I was able to get through battles semi-quickly in weird woods because that constant poisoning made it hard to even want to use antidotes even though there was a constant need for them. I don't even know what bromides are though(guess I haven't made it far enough to even get one of those?). I think though I'm on my way to the old hags shack(no lie since i think that's what it actually calls the area) to get the sea chart *sigh* :lol:
My gameroom

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Bromides are the "sexy" girl pictures.

You'll get one automatically eventually. The others are all optional and very difficult to obtain.

Later in the game you'll be shocked at how quickly Nall's inventory fills. But yeah, it feels infinite early on.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Well that's good to know, but man I feel like playing this game I've stumbled onto a game like golden sun, something about this game just feels right though

forgot to save before the monster on deck and screwed up I'm wondering if some spells or abilities are learned beyond lvl 10 because I just couldn't seem to beat that saline blob...thought I was doing well at first and then he kept knocking people out for spitting mucus on them and getting them stuck...ended up just turning it off since I had to go to work and I think I was literally about to toss the controller through my little dynex tv I've been playing it on....
My gameroom

MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

That boss is definitely the worst boss in the game in terms of just giving you the giant "fuck you".
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

MrPopo wrote:That boss is definitely the worst boss in the game in terms of just giving you the giant "fuck you".

Seriously the healing every round and screwing you on the attacks by basically paralyzing your characters, man that's a horrible way to give someone their first boss. Though the little cutscene before hand was freaking hilarious and I saw the ending coming before it happened. Now I just need to go power through the old hag area again and maybe get to lvl 12 first? then give it another whack I just feel like even if I were to use fortify on Alex that still wouldn't make too much of a difference....
My gameroom