Together RPG - Lunar: The Silver Star - 11/11 --> 1/31

Level up here
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Re: Together RPG - Lunar: The Silver Star - 11/11 --> 1/11

Post by CFFJR »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:DID YOU FINISH POPFUL MAIL?

'Fraid not.

I got busy and put it down for a while. Since that break I started up a couple of other games, Lunar included, and they're demanding my attention more.

I'll get back to it.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

dunpeal2064 wrote:How many disc variants are there for Lunar? I remember hearing the SCD has 7 or 8, but never knew how many the ps1 had. And, are some variants harder to find than others, or is there just a standard common one, and the rest are of the same rarity?

Just to set the record straight (since I originally mentioned and corrected the wrong info in an earlier post)
Assuming only North America releases
There are 7 SCD variants (#1 and #2 share the same art; #1 just doesn't use the full area)
#7 is most rare
Scroll to bottom of link:
http://www.sega-16.com/2004/08/the-sega ... nar-games/

Also, there are a few variations on the packaging. Originally there was just a regular printed cover, but all the filled in CDs come with manual cover and insert with raised/"foiled" portions. There are technically 4 packaging variants, but I'm not sure I can properly explain them.
See this link (scroll to apropriate info):
http://www.segaage.com/forum/messagevie ... adid=43034

There are 4 main PS1 variants plus the fan art (so 5 all together)
I know the Alex/Dyne CD art is the most common, but it's hard to say what's the most rare of the main 4 IMO.
The Fan Art version is definitely the hardest to come by, but only came in a double CD case without any extras.
Scroll to Lunar portion of link:
http://www.game-rave.com/psx_galleries/ ... /index.htm
...just another lost soul...
eggman
24-bit

Post by eggman »

Finished GBA version. 19hrs, level 44. Great experience, too easy though, even for a crap RPG player like me. Going to fire up the PSP for comparison next.

Even though the GBA version is considered the worst, it is still charming and makes me want to play the other versions and the sequel too. Worth the time for sure.
Need Hexyz Force and Class of Heroes 2 for a complete PSP RPG Set.....let me know your price!!!!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

GBA version is solid.

That's incredibly fast completion! I can't recall how long it took me.

For reference, I'm about 14 hours into the PSX port and just got to the red dragon.
eggman
24-bit

Post by eggman »

Yeah, it was super fast. I spent a little grind time near the beginning, and I think I was over leveled in every dungeon and boss.

I could literally auto battle random encounters in every dungeon and just over power bosses with my limit breaks and skills. If I got turned around or stuck, I would look it up in a FAQ instead of mindlessly running around in circles auto battling stuff. I didn't see a point in spending too much time not knowing where to go or what to do because I already felt over leveled and didn't want things to be getting even easier!
Need Hexyz Force and Class of Heroes 2 for a complete PSP RPG Set.....let me know your price!!!!
eggman
24-bit

Post by eggman »

Fired up the PSP. I am at level 11 and just arrived in Meribia at 3hrs 45min. Observations vs. GBA so far:

Still very easy
Animated cutscenes plus voice work and more cut scenes in general
Just as nice to look at, but more detailed
Load times are annoying after the GBA
Slightly more detailed story due to cutscenes and increased text, better characterization

Like this version too so far....
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I lost power last night so I screwed around with my old PSP save file. Think it took me about 25-ish hours to complete the game whenever I played it last.

The load times are irritating indeed.

Still chugging along on the PlayStation. I only have time to play about an hour per day. Just entered Myght's Tower.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

I need to get to this, but have had so much other stuff on my plate.
TechXRenAgadeX
16-bit

Post by TechXRenAgadeX »

Haha just finished Lunar 2: Eternal Blue today...bought a whole boxed complete version for PS1 in a bundle for 50 bux plus a ps2 and about 12 games he threw this in because he "needed the money". Took me almost 30 hours but i loved it :D sucks you guys are doing this now. I want to buy the first one soon but its so damn $$$$$$ is Silver Star longer or shorter than Eternal Blue?
Check out my channel All about Horror Video Games, Movies, and all things Dark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHX9e1USd3Q
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Well, there goes my hope of collecting all the bromides :| . The guy at Lann won't cough it up and I'm about to leave for the Frontier.
Must have missed a trigger event or something.

Just for kicks, I fired up the Saturn (import) version of Lunar (just got it in the mail along with Lunar 2) and seems more or less identical (besides the video scenes being a lower quality and resolution). Load times seem just a tad longer and the music has a different quality, but I like it.
...just another lost soul...