Bloodborne thread (formerly Project Beast)

Level up here
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Bloodborne thread (formerly Project Beast)

Post by Stark »

MrPopo wrote:Have I mentioned I REALLY miss my shield? This game makes me feel the worst of any of the Souls games because when I'm progressing through I feel like there's no level of caution that can save me from being murderlated by something and resetting my progress. With the shields I felt like I was in control the entire time and the vast majority of deaths were because I got cocky and didn't play cautiously.

Most enemies are pretty heavily leashed to one area, so just use the run away technique.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

There's a wooden shield, but I'm assuming it's more of a joke item haha...

I think like in all the games really, you just have to weary of crowd control and only try to take on one enemy at a time.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Yeah, it's just a complete reversal of how I played the previous games, so my apprehension level is much higher in new areas than it was in the previous games since the "surprise you're dead" factor feels higher, even if in practice that might not be so.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Seems like there are a lot of places I could go at the moment, but I chose to go through Hemwick Charnel Lane since it is earlier on the headstone list than Forbidden Woods. Really liking the change of scenery with the windmills and forested coastal areas. Having a little trouble with the timing of the big guys with axes, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Holy Blade +6 rocks. Beat the boss in Hemwick and moved on to the Forbidden Woods. I was playing really well and getting super far and before I knew it I had like 36K worth of souls. Then I was panicking that I was gonna run into the boss, but figured there must be some sort of shortcut to the lamp as I hadn't found one yet, so I slowed down to a crawl hoping to not die. Now I'm at 43K and still no shortcut and there's this super scary dude on a bridge next to a windmill and he's got snakes like some sort of medusa, except instead of snakes for hair, it's snakes for face. I approach very slowly, he screams menacingly ... and I take him out in two hits (phew) and then I find the elevator that brings me back to the lamp so I can spend my souls. Harrowing!
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I started with the Threaded Cane since it was a skill weapon and I wanted to try skill for this game since going a high strength heavy armor and shield build wasn't a thing that exists. Then I discovered the alt mode is a whip.

Whip all the time baby. If sound wasn't so necessary I'd put the Castlevania soundtrack on loop on my Surface while I play.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

MrPopo wrote:I started with the Threaded Cane since it was a skill weapon and I wanted to try skill for this game since going a high strength heavy armor and shield build wasn't a thing that exists. Then I discovered the alt mode is a whip.

Whip all the time baby. If sound wasn't so necessary I'd put the Castlevania soundtrack on loop on my Surface while I play.

I plan on trying to make a Castlevania cosplay build sometime with that whip. Looks very cool and it was one of the few weapons I didn't really try out.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

The whip has some really nice reach; a lot of the time I can do things like hit the enemy a couple of times and then just back up (not a back dodge) to avoid the counter. It also has a wide cone of effect and doesn't catch up on geometry much. When I was doing my first attempt against Father G-something I spent most of it whipping around the tombstones keeping them directly between us. Then he went all Teen Wolf and that stopped working.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

MrPopo wrote:The whip has some really nice reach; a lot of the time I can do things like hit the enemy a couple of times and then just back up (not a back dodge) to avoid the counter. It also has a wide cone of effect and doesn't catch up on geometry much. When I was doing my first attempt against Father G-something I spent most of it whipping around the tombstones keeping them directly between us. Then he went all Teen Wolf and that stopped working.

That's how my encounters worked with him too. There's an item that can make that encounter a little easier if you want, but I'll spoiler it in case you want to figure it out yourself:
Tiny music box.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Stark wrote:Holy Blade +6 rocks. Beat the boss in Hemwick and moved on to the Forbidden Woods. I was playing really well and getting super far and before I knew it I had like 36K worth of souls. Then I was panicking that I was gonna run into the boss, but figured there must be some sort of shortcut to the lamp as I hadn't found one yet, so I slowed down to a crawl hoping to not die. Now I'm at 43K and still no shortcut and there's this super scary dude on a bridge next to a windmill and he's got snakes like some sort of medusa, except instead of snakes for hair, it's snakes for face. I approach very slowly, he screams menacingly ... and I take him out in two hits (phew) and then I find the elevator that brings me back to the lamp so I can spend my souls. Harrowing!

This weapon breaks the game. Others are cool and have their uniqueness to them, but the LHB is definitely OP heh.