Bloodborne thread (formerly Project Beast)

Level up here
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Bloodborne thread (formerly Project Beast)

Post by dsheinem »

well sweet Enola Gay, son!

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (21.88 KiB) Viewed 533 times
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Praise the sun!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

Stark wrote:Praise the good blood!

ftfy

May you find worth in the waking world.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Stuck on the second boss. I don't think I need any advice, just don't be stupid I guess. I've gotten him down to like 2 or 3 hits and he's done territory. He is just a monster (ha!) once he transforms. Jumps all over like a crazy person.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Stark wrote:Stuck on the second boss. I don't think I need any advice, just don't be stupid I guess. I've gotten him down to like 2 or 3 hits and he's done territory. He is just a monster (ha!) once he transforms. Jumps all over like a crazy person.

Took me an inordinate number of tries. I think the point of it is to enforce parrying, but it's tended to be too much of a risk/reward thing for me. I wound up spamming him with molotovs for his final form.

The plus side was that I stocked up a ton of blood vials (which I then burned through doing Blood Starved Beast :? ). Last I played I got to the Vicar Amelia boss, but resolved to go grind up more levels and buy the sword before really trying to beat her.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

You parry Father G when he raises his hands over his head in his final form, right? Hard to see it coming IMO, better to dodge left and right and spam attack. Didn't think about Molotovs, I'll give that a try.

There's also:
The music box. But I think that it hinders more than helps honestly.

Which sword? The Kirkhammer? Or another one?
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Ludwig's Holy Blade, I haven't gotten the Kirkhammer, or really been able to invest too much in any weapons due to not running into many twin stones yet.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

The Holy Blade became my permanent weapon. It's basically a Broadsword fused with Rapier, and the 2Handed mode is a Greatsword, which is what my best runs were with in the first three games. Don't fix what isn't broken I said... haha.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I found Cleric Beast and Father G pretty easy to be fair. The former I beat on my first try and the latter took me two attempts.

It's the Blood Starved Beast and Vicar Amelia that have given me the most trouble so far. I'm still stuck on Vicar Amelia, she just destroys me! I get the strategy, but putting it into practice is easier said than done. Once you work out a strategy for the Blood Starved Beast though, it's actually pretty easy.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

I found Father G tough, but just because I'm terrible. I got his movements and they made sense, it was just putting it into practice. Finally beat him last night though, now to find the next boss! Haven't seen that sword yet, but it sounds cool!