Bloodborne thread (formerly Project Beast)

Level up here
MrEco
Next-Gen

Bloodborne thread (formerly Project Beast)

Post by MrEco »

So it's confirmed, From Software is coming out with a new game in the same vein as the Souls series. Like a 95% chance it will be PS4 exclusive. Most likely going to be some kind of new Souls series or Demon's Souls 2, but some people are theorizing that it might be a Shadow Tower 2, but I think that's unlikely.

And here is some gameplay footage, showing off a double barreled shotgun, some kind of Monster Hunter style switch axe looking weapon, and a very gothic looking setting with a bit of a Victorian horror vibe going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxy-b0i7864

Thoughts everyone?
Last edited by MrEco on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Re: Project Beast hype thread

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

I'm pretty sure this is going to be another Souls title, otherwise it just comes off as a clone. I really hope it's not a PS4 exclusive if it is a Souls title - if it's on PS3, I buy it, if not, I don't.

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Retrogamer0001 wrote:I'm pretty sure this is going to be another Souls title, otherwise it just comes off as a clone. I really hope it's not a PS4 exclusive if it is a Souls title - if it's on PS3, I buy it, if not, I don't.

Hate to say it man but I want this to be PS4 exclusive. I don't even have one and I want that to happen. This would be a console seller for me.

That and I'd really like to see the entire medium get off their feet and honestly move into the next generation. It's time... it's been time.
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

Xeogred wrote:
Retrogamer0001 wrote:I'm pretty sure this is going to be another Souls title, otherwise it just comes off as a clone. I really hope it's not a PS4 exclusive if it is a Souls title - if it's on PS3, I buy it, if not, I don't.

Hate to say it man but I want this to be PS4 exclusive. I don't even have one and I want that to happen. This would be a console seller for me.

That and I'd really like to see the entire medium get off their feet and honestly move into the next generation. It's time... it's been time.

I think it would be a stupid move on From's part to release it as a PS4 exclusive, and there's no way I'm buying the Indiestation 4 for one game. How many copies of this game do they expect to sell when the Souls fanbase mostly exists on the PS3? With the high cost of development, I don't see how it makes sense. Of course, if Sony is demanding next-gen exclusivity as a condition for release, I'm probably up shit creek.

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Looks nice. But yeah, if it's not on Vita or PS3 I will ignore it. Still not a reason to drop $400 on a new system.
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

You guys realize it's going to come out next year most likely if that right? No point in From continuing to support a system that's on the way out the door especially since this is going to move systems. I hope it's a Sony exclusive with a PC release maybe if not I'll get a ps4 used or after a price drop just like I did with the ps3 and Demon's souls.

I don't get the negativity about it not being on ps3. It's like complaining about having to buy a Wii U because they didn't release mk8 for the Wii. Do you guys not like video games? I mean in a years time there will be more games worth picking up a ps4 for this included.

Edit: bone I'm curious, besides a new why's game, what would get you to buy one of the new systems? Floppy disks?
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

flex wood wrote:You guys realize it's going to come out next year most likely if that right? No point in From continuing to support a system that's on the way out the door especially since this is going to move systems. I hope it's a Sony exclusive with a PC release maybe if not I'll get a ps4 used or after a price drop just like I did with the ps3 and Demon's souls.

I don't get the negativity about it not being on ps3. It's like complaining about having to buy a Wii U because they didn't release mk8 for the Wii. Do you guys not like video games? I mean in a years time there will be more games worth picking up a ps4 for this included.

Edit: bone I'm curious, besides a new why's game, what would get you to buy one of the new systems? Floppy disks?

PS3 is not "on its way out the door" by any means - Sony has already stated it will continue to support the console well into 2016, which is a smart business decision considering the very large installed fanbase. It has nothing to do with "not liking video games" and everything to do with not having to buy a completely new console when the game will undoubtedly run quite well on a PS3. Regardless, I'm out if it's exclusive.

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

DS2 was dated out the door. I could careless about those sort of things, but no denying they could do way more on a new system (like the early DS2 videos showed, an art direction and lighting closer to DS1 in style). "Next gen Souls" sounds a lot more exciting than "Another new Souls" to me. The Souls series has proven to be very successful and I think even locked on exclusive to some system, it'll sell like hotcakes. If there were a Souls game on the PS2, would have you waited to get a PS3 for Demon's?

Weirdest argument ever. I'm with flex on this one. lol
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

The Souls games have never been about graphics, but that's beside the point. Time will tell, but I'm still putting my money on a multi-gen release.

flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

Retrogamer0001 wrote:Time will tell, but I'm still putting my money on a multi-gen release.

That just depends on if From sticks with Bamco or not. Honestly I just want them to go back to Atlus and get as far as possible from Bamco but that's because I blame Bamco for all the stuff I disliked about both dark souls games.