Bloodborne thread (formerly Project Beast)

Level up here
isiolia
Next-Gen

Re: Bloodborne thread (formerly Project Beast)

Post by isiolia »

It shows up in the shop after you find the emblem for it. Which, if I recall...after you beat Blood Starved Beast (likely the next boss you'll run into), a door will open in the cathedral for the workshop area, which is where it's at.

Right off, it doesn't seem to be that stellar, but it apparently scales really really well with stats. Also, my character needed a greatsword, for reasons.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Is there a way to see if people are waiting for a bell ring? I rang the bell last night and waited for about 5 minutes to be connected and nada. And thus I lost that insight. Bah. I don't understand why it doesn't work like DSII in that regard and only take insight if you get connected.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

So after several hours and many many deaths, I finally have made my way to the first boss (who then kicked my ass after I got him down about half way). I was eager to dive back in, but...

My saves and/or install is somehow corrupted and I can't load my character/progress. I tried creating a new character, played for an hour or so, exited and...that save is corrupted too. So, I am trying a few fixes. Overall I'm increasingly growing frustrated with this one. both in game and out of game :(
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

WTF? Weird. Can't say I've heard of that happening to others. The world just doesn't want you to play this.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Xeogred wrote:WTF? Weird. Can't say I've heard of that happening to others. The world just doesn't want you to play this.

Well, after all the troubleshooting my Save files are still corrupted and I can't load a game or continue a game (here's what I had and what I tried: http://www.gamepur.com/guide/18424-how- ... error.html).

Just selling this. I don't enjoy it very much anyway.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

This is the universe punishing you for being an irrational Wii U hater.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

MrPopo wrote:This is the universe punishing you for being an irrational Wii U hater.

:lol:

I enjoy my Wii U for what it is, and it is probably my kindergartener's favorite console. So, no hate here. 8)

The only real solution that I've seen to fix Bloodborne and that I haven't yet tried to reclaim my saves is to upload everything of importance to online storage, re-initialize my PS4 (wiping everything I've ever downloaded, all local saves, etc.) and start fresh...then download the saves I want. Fuck that. I put enough hours into the game to see that there's something there that I may like given enough time, but not enough to make me want to perform hours of maintenance and downloading just to maybe play a game that I only sort of enjoy.

Perhaps I will give it another go in some distant future (when the game is on PS+, for example) when these kinds of kinks are hopefully worked out. For now, my Bloodborne experience, from the delayed delivery of my preorder...to playing it and dying a lot...to the save corruption...to the problems trying to fix it...all of this has definitely soured me on the game. Too bad, as I was really hoping to finally get on board with this kind of series this time around and I quite like the aesthetics :(
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Wow what a bummer Dave.

I on other hand am loving this game and I am completely obsessed. I'm just outside of a boss battle (I assume) in the Cathedral Ward up some giant steps. I went into the woods and opened the lamp at Charnel Lane and warped back to the dream. Then I couldn't warp back there? Anyone know why?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

^ Check the other headstones, there's 4 main ones. Maybe you opened up a warp on another headstone.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Xeogred wrote:^ Check the other headstones, there's 4 main ones. Maybe you opened up a warp on another headstone.

It's likely that. I'm at a somewhat similar point (well, last I played...). I've basically run into the Vicar Amelia and the witch fights, but haven't beaten them. Warping back to that particular lantern wasn't on the same headstone.