Child of Light

Level up here
darsparx
Next-Gen

Re: Child of Light

Post by darsparx »

Yeah, I really want to get this one too....especially if the physical special edition is only $15 bucks...would be nice to have one game CIB in my collection...
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
CavZee
Next-Gen

Post by CavZee »

darsparx wrote:Yeah, I really want to get this one too....especially if the physical special edition is only $15 bucks...would be nice to have one game CIB in my collection...

Is this "physical" edition just a box with a download voucher or is there a disc?

Never mind, no disc it seems.
Steam/NNID: CavZee PSN: I_CavZee_I
3DS FC: 5456-0768-7231
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

This is getting solid reviews, and I think my daughter will love it (since, you know, it stars a little girl with pink hair fighting monsters). I may have to download it tomorrow (and immediately derail my summer gaming challenge efforts).
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

The reviews convinced me. I preordered yesterday and I got a spiffy PS3 theme for my troubles.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Combat kind of blows from what I've played so far. It tries to copy Grandia, but does so poorly.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Much like Persona 4, you could "lock down" enemies in Grandia with the right strategy, manipulating the active time bar to prevent your enemies from every attacking

You can't do that in Child of Light

I'm sure most people won't care though. I appreciate finesse in my games, and Child of Light simply isn't designed for that. Every battle eventually devolves in typical rpg fare. You hit them, they hit you. You heal and they die. Bland, boring.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I bought it for the Wii U. Seems like good fun for 10 or so hours. I knew it wouldn't be a deep RPG experience from the start but it seems pretty, has good music, and for $15 it seemed like an okay purchase. I heard anybody with any gaming experience at all should definitely play it on Hard difficulty so that's what I'm going for.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Gamerforlife wrote:Much like Persona 4, you could "lock down" enemies in Grandia with the right strategy, manipulating the active time bar to prevent your enemies from every attacking

Conception II has something like this called "chain" which allows you to lock down an enemy in battle, if you're crafty enough to utilize it.

The initial Child Of Light video I watched gave me a slight LostWinds vibe. I'm sure the games are different inherently but the aesthetics are similar enough. Maybe if Child Of Light comes to GOG I'll buy it, not a Uplay fan.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
CavZee
Next-Gen

Post by CavZee »

*sigh*

No time to play it at the moment so I'll be waiting for a sale I guess.
Steam/NNID: CavZee PSN: I_CavZee_I
3DS FC: 5456-0768-7231
AggroSky

Post by AggroSky »

Yeah I am seriously considering this game... The art style is just incredible. I need the time though! lol