A friendly heads up for all you Xenogears/Xenosaga fans...

Level up here
Ben
24-bit

A friendly heads up for all you Xenogears/Xenosaga fans...

Post by Ben »

The Xenotensei site (which was known for its detailed plot analysis of the Xeno games) has gone down, and a domain squatter has purchased the rights to the domain. It can still be accessed on archive.org at the moment, so it would probably be a good idea to back up what you can before it is possibly blocked. I didn't agree with everything on that site, but it was a great resource and one of the few older Xeno sites left in existence. https://web.archive.org/web/20121223024 ... ensei.com/

Hope this was the right forum to post this in, I've seen a lot of older gaming sites end up being lost for good this way so I thought it worth a post anyway. I'm going to try and back up what I can of it, also, unfortunately archive.org hasn't preserved everything.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: A friendly heads up for all you Xenogears/Xenosaga fans.

Post by Xeogred »

Damn that sucks, loved that site. Thanks for the heads up.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

If you're wanting a complete copy of the site you could try to find out who owned it and contact them to ask if they've still got it on a hard drive somewhere. My dad used to have a website and although it's been down for over 10 years, he's still got it on a CD.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Ben
24-bit

Post by Ben »

BoringSupreez wrote:If you're wanting a complete copy of the site you could try to find out who owned it and contact them to ask if they've still got it on a hard drive somewhere. My dad used to have a website and although it's been down for over 10 years, he's still got it on a CD.

I actually did fire off an email, though who knows if he still checks the address on this contact page since the recommended contact method was the forum (which no longer exists of course):
http://forums.xenotensei.com/
The best way to contact us is through the forum. You can use Private Messages to contact A.C. for questions about the site, error reports, content contribution, and comments. For E-mail (though it may take longer to be read) send it to xeno_ac@hotmail.se.

It's always sad to see sites like this bite the dust, kind of ironic since his site was actually born out of a lot of the original Xenogears sites/boards dying out.
CavZee
Next-Gen

Post by CavZee »

I actually never knew about that website.... :(
Steam/NNID: CavZee PSN: I_CavZee_I
3DS FC: 5456-0768-7231
Ben
24-bit

Post by Ben »

Just thought I'd close this out and say that the author of the Xenoverse page (which I didn't realize was separate from the Xenotensei site that hosted it) got back with me. Summing it up quickly, he doesn't want his editorial Study Guide articles out there at this point, because they were somewhat controversial in nature and he has pretty much moved on from Xeno-fandom. All of the translated material (interviews, etc) he has already given permission to the website Xeno Underground to repost, so they will probably get it up at some point. http://xeno-underground.net/ That is actually the majority of what archive.org didn't back up, so hopefully they get on it.

Always sad to see a classic fansite die, the last time I felt this bummed out whas when the original Eyes on Final Fantasy guys moved on and that place went to hell, but we're all getting older I guess. Also, the Xenotensei site istself is supposedly going to come back, but to be honest I don't even remember what was on it aside from the forums. Those forums had a lot of good information though, so hopefully that pans out also.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I read most of the site awhile back off and on and loved it. Controversial? Probably. Tetsuya Takahashi's story and life seems just as out there and crazy as his stories haha.