Harvest Moon series. Console VS Handheld

Level up here
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Re: Harvest Moon series. Console VS Handheld

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

The SNES version is by far the best Harvest Moon that I've played, I really recommend it if you can somehow get your hands on it.

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

Retrogamer0001 wrote:The SNES version is by far the best Harvest Moon that I've played, I really recommend it if you can somehow get your hands on it.

It also seems to be the only one thats expensive too.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

Hazerd wrote:
Retrogamer0001 wrote:The SNES version is by far the best Harvest Moon that I've played, I really recommend it if you can somehow get your hands on it.

Ugh, I didn't realize the original went for so much... I thought the most expensive one was 64 till now ;-;
Konacha
32-bit

Post by Konacha »

Yeah, the SNES is expensive but it is in the Wii shop so you can at least play it. The N64 one feels unfinished, like they had all these ideas and didn't go anywhere with them. That is why I think the PS1 version is the better one out of those. It is hard to say which is my favorite since I have played them all and beat each one.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

laurenhiya21 wrote:
ZeroAX wrote:(I still have nightmares about It's a Wonderful Life).

:shock: What didn't you like about it? I know a lot of people didn't find it to be the best Harvest Moon, but I haven't heard of anyone not liking it THAT much... I'm just curious because it's my favourite HM haha.

Well before that I had played the SNES original and Back to Nature. AWL had an uninteresting cast, almost nothing to do during the day (at least for me) very slow gameplay, and if I remember correctly you had to water plants 2 times a day which meant you couldn't go to sleep early? I just didn't enjoy it :(.

It IS a really good game. The graphics are charming, the mechanics are solid, and the fact that there is a time limit keeps you on your toes.

Konacha wrote:The N64 one feels unfinished, like they had all these ideas and didn't go anywhere with them. That is why I think the PS1 version is the better one out of those. It is hard to say which is my favorite since I have played them all and beat each one.

Agree on your comment about the N64 version. And I think Back to Nature was the best Harvest Moon game till about 3 years ago when the series started getting some better games. But Back to Nature still has a lot of nostalgic charm for me :)

I'm still disappointed I never got to finish Back to Nature :(. I got THREE TIMES to the 1.5 year point only to be stopped by the infamous PAL glitch http://www.defconsoft.co.uk/database.php?clas=1&game=1220&PHPSESSID=feec014117925e87401c58462bfebcf6

Original release contains a fatal bug which caused a black-screen lock-up on Jack's wedding day. Publisher Ubi Soft replaced bugged versions if returned to them. Fixed versions can be recognized by SLES-02781# on the CD. If the hash-mark is missing, then it's the bugged version.

Too bad my cousin never bothered to replace his copy :(
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Did you guys follow the Story of Seasons/Lost Valley debacle?

Hazerd wrote:

Look up HM GB (black&white) and HM GBC 3 both CIB. They're probably the next most expensive.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

@zeroax - I'm telling you play fomt, it seems to be very similar(some characters are swapped but still :lol:)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

darsparx wrote:@zeroax - I'm telling you play fomt, it seems to be very similar(some characters are swapped but still :lol:)

Very similar to which one do you mean?

Its essentially an updated port of Back to Nature.

I still stand by that the old ones were better though. I grew up with a farming game, not a social game with farming elements. I'm also not a fan of the style they use, I'm fine with anime/manga art styles, but they tend to go too much to the cutesy side for me.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

I don't care what people say; I think that Harvest Moon DS/Cute is the most engaging game in the series. Fast loading times, pretty sprite work, the best menu system the series has ever seen, and you don't have to worry about eating each day. It makes the game much easier to get into.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

lisalover1 wrote:I don't care what people say; I think that Harvest Moon DS/Cute is the most engaging game in the series. Fast loading times, pretty sprite work, the best menu system the series has ever seen, and you don't have to worry about eating each day. It makes the game much easier to get into.

You've said this before but I still think you're crazy. :P

I never could get into DS. It was just bland.