Anyone know how the Segagaga translation is coming along?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Re: Anyone know how the Segagaga translation is coming along

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
Anthony817
128-bit

Re: Anyone know how the Segagaga translation is coming along?

Post by Anthony817 »

I think he is more into RTS though. I am sorry to say I think he has no further intrest in translating any other Dreamcast games, but I could be wrong. You can try his email address that he posted on his web page of the AW 2001 translation.

nebelwurfer_42@yahoo.com
Original_Name
Next-Gen

Post by Original_Name »

It's really nice to have someone so involved in the Dreamcast scene here. I feel really bad, because I'm a super-enthusiastic leech for the most part when it comes to that community. I feel awful just waiting around for people to do such incredible work so that I can consume without any more than a "Thanks!" here and there for the more impressive feats.
christoph
Next-Gen

Post by christoph »

I managed to get a hold of James Howell. I believe he is the head guy doing this - among others. He was nice enough to quickly respond:

James Howell wrote:Hi Chris! Thanks for writing.

Yes, we are absolutely still working on our translation of Segagaga.
Due to the unpredictability of our group members' schedules for
collaborating, we've preferred a less public approach to communicating
updates on our progress than we've taken in the past. Given the
regularity and intensity of our earlier public updates, many people
understandably have been confused regarding how much attention we're
paying to Segagaga. Rest assured: it's still in the works.

Thanks!
James

I asked him if it was cool that I relayed his response to me vie these forums as there is obviously many people excited to hear anything and he was fine with it.

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Original_Name
Next-Gen

Post by Original_Name »

Wow, that's great news -- thanks alot for that, it gives me peace of mind! I wish I could have some general idea of how close it is to being completed, though (although I'm aware these things are difficult to gauge).
Anthony817
128-bit

Post by Anthony817 »

Original_Name wrote:It's really nice to have someone so involved in the Dreamcast scene here. I feel really bad, because I'm a super-enthusiastic leech for the most part when it comes to that community. I feel awful just waiting around for people to do such incredible work so that I can consume without any more than a "Thanks!" here and there for the more impressive feats.

Believe it or not, I sold my first Dreamcast back in 2002 as it was hard to find games for it, and actualy just found out that the system could play burned games without any modding 2 years ago. I caved in and bought my second Dreamcast a year ago last june. and haven't regreted 1 bit of it!

Since that time, I have rediscovered all the great games the DC has. It has over 700 retail games released for it in its short lifespan, that is a ton for ANY system!

I have been trying to give back to the community by finding and uploading game mods, homebrew and emulators for the Dreamcast as much as possible. I guess you could say I am more of a fanatic now than I ever was when I had a Dreamcast when they were new. :mrgreen:

@christoph, that is great news! I'll pass on the information. Too bad we don't get any progress reports nomore.
christoph
Next-Gen

Post by christoph »

Yeah I also asked him about any timeframe for completion if possible and he said there is really no way to say as everyone who is working on it has different schedules, so it'll just be done when its done I guess.

Good to hear its still in the works though!
Anthony817
128-bit

Post by Anthony817 »

I posted your message on my Youtube videos of the translations and all the forums I can think of that would love to hear this news.
Original_Name
Next-Gen

Post by Original_Name »

Just an idea... does anyone here think maybe Racketboy.com could do a feature interviewing Mr. Howell? It's been a long time since he's done any interviews, and I think that the Racketboy userbase is one that would probably be very interested in what he would have to say.
Anthony817
128-bit

Post by Anthony817 »

That is a very great idea. I think it would get him and the game more publicity, and it would be genrealy good for him to get the news out there he is working on it, and maybe find a few folks to help him with this game translating procedure.